Anita Broderick is a certified professional dog walker and graduate of dog*tec’s Dog Walking Academy, the only certification program for professional dog walkers in the U.S. She is also certified in Pet First Aid and CPR by PetTech, trained in the ASCPA’s Canine-ality Assessment, and is a member of the Pet Professional Guild.
Anita has been walking dogs professionally since 2009, and moved to Delaware from New Jersey in 2012. Currently, Anita volunteers for the Delaware Animal Advocacy Guild, walking dogs for shut-ins and hospice patients.
Anita graduated from Saint Bonaventure University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English, and has a Master of Letters degree in English Literature from Drew University. She is also a Certified Massage Therapist for both people and pets. When she’s not walking other people’s dogs, Anita likes hanging out with her own small dogs Scout and Didi, who often accompany her on pack hikes.
Little Paws And Big Adventures Is:
- Registered as a Limited Liability Company in the state of Delaware
(business license #LR-01644)
- Fully insured through Mourer-Foster Inc
Little Paws – Solely For Little Dogs
We are the professional dog walking service in the region that caters solely to the special needs of small dogs:
- Many small dogs are so energetic that they need exercise even more than bigger dogs – and we make sure they get it with at least one hour of hiking or 30 minutes of walking per day
- The world can seem scary from a little dog’s perspective – we know how to make them feel confident and secure on our walks
- In a small pack of dogs his own size (all under 30 pounds), your dog will form close friendships with his packmates, and feel more at home than he would walking with larger dogs
Why Small Packs For Small Dogs?
Your dog loves going on walks with you, but he also needs to be around other dogs. There’s the dog park – but that’s not always the safest or healthiest place for a small dog to play. Here’s why group hikes with other small dogs are both safer and more fun for your dog:
- Your dog plays safely on-leash only with non-aggressive spayed or neutered dogs
- All dogs are about the same size as your dog, and he knows each one personally
- A professional dog walker supervises your dog at all times
- No more than four dogs in the pack, all of them small-sized and temperament-tested
- All dogs are up-to-date on their vaccinations, currently using flea/tick and heart worm control products, and licensed with the county
A pet sitter I trust absolutely. I adore my dog Ike, and am very particular about who I let take care of him. Anita is one of the few people I totally trust with his care. Ike loves her, dancing and grinning with delight whenever he sees her. When Ike is being cared for by Anita, I can relax and be happy while I am away.